Saturday, January 20, 2007

Boston Philharmonic

This week I had an neat experience of taking part and playing in the International Conductor Guild Conference . A few days with playing in ensembles and orchestras conducted by young upcoming conductors in a workshop environment. With a closing concert lecture, called, Classical Fever, conducted by Mr. Benjamin Zander (Music Director and Conductor, Boston Philharmonic, teacher, and author of The Art of Possibility) I had quite the repertoire to cover, here are a few examples of the works I performed, Dumbarton Oaks-Stravinsky, Siegfried Idyll-Wagner, Beethoven Symphonies no. 5 & 9, Mahler Symphony no. 4 ... lots of tense one buttock moments.. but all in all ... alot of fun !


In this picture just before the closing concert, Me, Leslie Newman ( flutist in my quintet, Network Winds) and Vince Barbee, (4th horn of the National Ballet Orchestra) I was playing principal Horn during all the sessions.

No comments: