Saturday, March 03, 2007

MAGICAL MAHLER !

SO... TODAY is the big day !!!..

We , the Oshawa Durham Symphony and the Kingston Symphony, combined, just had a our last rehearsal this afternoon before tonight’s big performance of Mahler's 5th Symphony. Its just so amazing to play with a full 120+ piece orchestra with loads of strings ! That’s what you MUST have in performing Mahler.. lots and lots of Strings This is in order to balance out the very loud passages that are constantly coming over the orchestra from the Brass section. My horn section is great.. ! I'm extremely pleased, and I'm sure this evening will go off exactly how I envisioned it ! a great Mahler Fest ! Gustav will be smiling from the heavens tonight.. as he and my parents are looking down below on this magical evening . ( I'm not in this picture, because I took it! here they are rehearsing Tannhauser Overture )

No comments: