Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions

2010 will be the beginning of the 3rd year of my Diet/Life Style Change. As I started this journey 2 years ago, I really did not know it would take this long, and how many ups and downs I needed to conquer. I still have not reached my goal of weighing 150 pounds, and not only that because I have been off track for about 6 months now, by not going to the gym 5 -6 days a week, I have gained back some of the weight I had worked so hard to lose. But the biggest realization is my addiction to food! I do have a sort of disease, and this is really the root of the problem. I have to keep my bingeing under control, and this will be with my all of my life! Discipline is the only way! being strong and saying no to that piece of Chocolate, or no to that cracker with French Cheese!

Back in July , my 50th birthday I had set a goal of weighing at first 150 pounds, that didn't happen, and I had to reset it for 200 pounds, and even that didn't happen, it was around 230. Still of course not bad.

I recently met a good friend at Christmas who has gone another diet route of ' Weight Watchers'.. and she now has met her goal! she started at 220 and is now 150. I feel so sad that I have not met my goal yet, and now coming clean, I weighed-in today at 280!

Yes my dear blog friends and followers.. I have let you down, but let my self down! I have gained 50 pounds! ... so frustrating.. so crazy that you can gain this weight back so frikk'n fast too!

It takes such hard work, sweat and dedication to lose 1 - 2 pounds a weeks.. and in 6 short months I gain 50 back! CHRIST!

well.. here I am confessing.. coming clean to you all.... this New Year brings on a new challenge and realization... it's not a DIET ... it really is a Life Style Change... because I can, as proven in the last 6 months, fall back into old habits! I love food, and want to gobble up as much as I can all the time! But I have to be strong, strict and true to myself! If you are not following a strict successful diet program like Weight Watchers, then indeed you have to go to the Gym, no if and butts about it!

I will keep on truckin'g , keep smiling.. and keep trying.. this will not conquer me! I will win this quest!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! .....NOW GET TO WORK!

Here are some fun Diet Quotes:

You can't lose weight by talking about it. You have to keep your mouth shut. ~Author Unknown

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen


Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. ~English Proverb


Your stomach shouldn't be a waist basket. ~Author Unknown


A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit. ~Author Unknown


More die in the United States of too much food than of too little. ~John Kenneth Galbraith,
The Affluent Society


The cardiologist's diet: If it tastes good, spit it out. ~Author Unknown


One should eat to live, not live to eat. ~Cicero,
Rhetoricorum LV


Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake. ~Author Unknown


I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge. ~Paula Poundstone


In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and cahins. Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale. ~Stephen Phillips


It's okay to be fat. So you're fat. Just be fat and shut up about it. ~Roseanne Barr


I feel about airplanes the way I feel about diets. It seems to me that they are wonderful things for other people to go on. ~Jean Kerr, "Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall,"
The Snake Has All the Lines, 1958


People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown


Albert Einstein, who discovered that a tiny amount of mass is equal to a huge amount of energy, which explains why, as Einstein himself so eloquently put it in a famous 1939 speech to the Physics Department at Princeton, "You have to exercise for a week to work off the thigh fat from a single Snickers." ~Dave Barry,
Dave Barry Turns 50


Reality check: you can never, ever, use weight loss to solve problems that are not related to your weight. At your goal weight or not, you still have to live with yourself and deal with your problems. You will still have the same husband, the same job, the same kids, and the same life. Losing weight is not a cure for life. ~Phillip C. McGraw,
The Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom, 2003


The one way to get thin is to re-establish a purpose in life. ~Cyril Connolly,
The Unquiet Grave


If nature had intended our skeletons to be visible it would have put them on the outside of our bodies. ~Elmer Rice


Avoid any diet that discourages the use of hot fudge. ~Don Kardong


I keep trying to lose weight... but it keeps finding me! ~Author Unknown


I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond. ~Mae West


I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is fourteen days. ~Totie Fields


Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends. ~Author Unknown


I'm on a seafood diet. I see food and I eat it. ~Author Unknown


The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends. ~Author Unknown


Forget love - I'd rather fall in chocolate! ~Attributed to Sandra J. Dykes


Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not! ~Author Unknown

No comments: