Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Using Your Outdoor Gym…

Getting to the gym can be difficult and is very time consuming in our busy lives. For example tonight I have a board meeting, so I can’t get to the gym. So I go to my local dog park and make up my own cardio exercise. Like for example these great stairs. I go up and down them for 15 minutes solid with out stopping. Huffing and puffing as I go up, but I know I’m burning calories as I go.

This week the scale has been nice to me once again, but I have had to work hard to get over my hump! To date I have now lost 130 pounds!

Here is a list of my TOP 10’s tips I use to lose weight

  1. Buy a digital scale and weigh your self every frick’n morning … a must!
  2. Cut all your meals in ½ by portion! No matter whatever diet program you are on, being Atkins, or Weight Watchers, the biggest reason why people do not lose weight even on those programs is that they are STILL eating TOO much!
  3. Exercise EVERY DAY ! …You must burn 1000 calories more than you consume. So if you burn 3000 a day, you must consume no more than 2000 calories. A 1000 calorie deficit per day for one week equals 1 pound loss.
  4. Buy a bodybugg, and track your calories lost. If you can’t afford it, you MUST write down every single calories you consume, which is very time consuming but necessary.
  5. Eat gum if you feel the urg to eat, or drink a giant glass of water.. I have a Starbucks ( from a old frappacinno, before I  started the diet) plastic container that I fill with water, with a straw on my desk in the office, and with a straw for some reason you end up drinking more!
  6. Bring your lunch with you to work. Eat fruit first, then the protein- NO BREAD
  7. Make your dinner at home 6 days a week. If you have to eat out, at a restaurant with friends, always order FISH, NO pork, or beef. And a small Garden Salade, NO Caesar salads!
  8. I am a total fan of The Biggest Loser show.. start watching it for tips and motivation!
  9. I am a huge fan of walking. With my bodybugg, I have now seen that you can burn as many or even more calories by walking for 2 hours, then working out at the gym for 2 hours. 1 hour of walking = 400 calories.
  10. Stress is a huge weight and water retainer- always de-stress your self at the end of the day, before you go to sleep, go for a 1 hour walk, with your ipod and get rid of your daily stressful ideas, thoughts, kids, husbands etc.. then go to bed, and make sure you sleep for a full 8 hours!

1 comment:

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

Thanks for the tips! :) I'm going to have to look into one of those bodybuggs.. :)