Monday, June 01, 2009

How to survive all those social dates...

These past 2 weeks have been what I call a real culinary (lifestyle)  challenge. I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks, fearful of what it was going to tell me ! 

I have been going out for dinner with friends a lot in the past 14 days, and even though I have still been going to the gym, I was really not following the strict diet regime I should have been. 

Even on Saturday night, I was at a friends house, and she offered me a white wine, and that one glass turned into 4 glasses of wine! whoops! shit.. now what? Here I am telling the world I am on a Diet, and wanting to lose still another 30 pounds to reach my goal on July 23... and yet all these culinary distractions keep on creeping up on me! sigh! ...

...but still not bad news on my scale this mornings.. still weighing in at 230.. so I didn't lose any thing... but MORE importantly.. I didn't gain!! 

Thank god! 

thank you Lord for finally getting my metabolism to start working as it should be! 

( this picture of me was taken yesterday at a fundraiser function  that I produced at a local Toronto restaurant, and yes again, surrounded in yummy foods that I took part in as well) 

No comments: