Thursday, February 10, 2005

TIME JUST FLIES !



Wow, has it been that long since I last ' blogged' ... sorry about that, so much has happend in the last 6 weeks as well. Lets see, I played a few concerts with Oshawa Symphony and the Peterborough symphony. I am practising like made, getting prepared for the upcoming concert this month on Feb. 26th with Oshawa Sym, where we are going to perform Mahlers' 1st Symphony. Now that will be a blast ! 8 horns !
and me at the helm !

Caroline celebrated her 18th Birthday on Feb. 4th. She got a kareoke machine and a CD burner for her birthday. She has a new job, she works for a local resturant called,
" Shopsy's " she is the seating hostess. She really enjoys it, and is doing very well.

I have been invited once again to audition for the Principal Horn job with the Toronto Symphony. That will take place on April 15th, Fingers Crossed !

Next year, February 2006, I have been asked to perform as a soloist with the Scarborough Philharmonic, Benjamin Britten's, Serenade for Horn, Tenor and Strings. It have been a life long dream to one day perform that work, it is so beautiful. Britten orginally wrote it for his lover !Tenor - Peter Pears ....

And the big news is I booked my flight to CALIFORNIA yesterday. I'm going to visit my good friend ,Brynn, from March 21st till the 27th. I've never been in california ! She lives about 250 km north of San Fransisco, in Cambria. Wow.. I'm really looking forwared to seeing her, and finally seeing California !

My dad's one year Memorial of his death is coming up this Sunday, Feb. 13. I can't believe its been one year since he died. We are all going to my mom's for a nice dinner Melinda is cooking up, Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding. And of course a toast to my dad !

I miss him... but he is looking down and smiling!

1 comment:

Eliane said...

Wow, pricipal horn in the Toronto symphony orchestra! Good luck! I know you can do it, people have been telling me how seriously talented you are.