Wednesday, March 23, 2005

California Day 3

I awaked from a very good night sleep only to find Brynn on her way out the door to her part-time job as physical therapist assistant
(more later.. ) I had some breakfast and was trilled to see that FINALLY the sun was shinning! I went out to the patio deck and just sat on the bench and soaked up the Vitamin A that the sun was sharing with me. It felt so wonderful! It was just a perfect temperature, about 18 degrees. At 9:45 Rhoda and I hopped into the Van and drove to Brynn’s work. . She works in a small Gym like looking place right in the middle of the town of Cambria. She helps manly elderly patients with there exercises. Accompanying them on the various exercise machines. At about 11am we both got into the van and drove to a tiny tourist oriented village up Hwy. 1 to the Silver Surf Motel in San Simeon, were Brynn needed to continue her work as a pool aerobic exercise instructor, this is a public aerobics class which can be attended by anybody. I opted to take the van and continue north to a very famous cove/beach named San Simeon pier. ” it happened to be adjacent to the entrance to the Hearst Castle visitors center . The San Simeon pier was used back when the Hearst Castle was being built and later for all of the shipped items for the castle. Ranging from food to building material, just everything! There the sun was still shinning brightly and I took some more pictures, it was now a pleasant 22 degrees

I then drove back to Brynn at the motel, as she was finished her class at 12pm. We then went to have lunch at a nice seaside restaurant called Moonstone beach bar and grill after lunch we went back to town, and I dropped Brynn off at the physical therapy center, then I took the van, and parked in town. I walked around town a bit. I visited a local souvenir gift store that was owned by Brynn’s cousin. There I bought a book about this area. I then drove back to the house and had a nice cup on tea and a cookie, with Rhoda. Rhoda went off and did some shopping for tonight’s dinner. She later came back, and at 5pm I went off in the van to go and pick Brynn up from work. Brynn and I then drove to a ranch owned by the city of Cambria called the East/West Ranch, a nature preserve with numerous hiking trails in which we have chosen the cliff side trail, there we walked for about a mile, along the coast,

We could look right down the cliffs at the waves crashing against the rocks and up to the bright green hillsides with patches of forest areas and bursting vegetation . Let us not forget about all of the new flowers. There were hand made wooden benches made from the driftwood that had washed up from the ocean. It was my first experience of a heavenly California sunset, but most certainly not my last!

We drove home and Brynn got busy cooking in the kitchen, tonight a great pork chop meal, in front of the TV with her mom and we are going to watch a film “ Being Julia”

This was a really nice Day! I just love it here!

I announced to Brynn today that I would be coming back here every single March for the next 30 years!

Tomorrow lots of exciting things to happen, starting at 11am with a tour of Hearst Castle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It look's fabulous Wendy, thanks for posting your daily blog, I've been enjoying reading your journal every morning, almost feel's like I am there with you. Woke up to more snow here this morning and -4 temperature...YUK... will it ever end.

Love Maya Sietske