Friday, May 08, 2009

Bobs Boot Camp rating...


So after using and working out to Bob's Boot camp video I am sorry to report that I can only rate it a D-

I wore my bodybugg during my morning workouts with the video, and was shocked at the LOW amount of total calories you actually burn after the 1 hour work out. 

I tested it for 3 days, and each reading was the same... only 240 calories are burned in 1 hour! that is really, really bad, and low results. I used all the proper equipment, didn't slow down, keep up the pace, and still this low result. 

This morning I went on my treadmill, with my bodybugg on, and found that after a 1 hour walk at a moderate pace of 2.0 with no incline, burned 520 calories!! way better!! 

So Bob.. I'm sorry.. I'm sticking to my treadmill... and will use all my new workout equipment ( barbells, medicine ball, flex strap and inflatable training ball) on my own, and design my own calorie burning effecient workout. 

BODYBUGG: for those that do not have one... once again proven in this trial, that getting one if really , really important to see and learn about your own bodies burning powers. 

When people tell me they are on a diet, and work out, but still don't lose any weight after a week of going to gym every day, working hard ... then I 'd say, you are missing an essential tool to find out why you are not losing weight. 

for most people.. 1 hour of working out at the gym, non-stop, with lots of sweating ( sweating means you are burning!) will transmit to burning about 500 calories. So again almost all people burn about 500 an hour. 

Now, if you do nothing all day, just go to work, sit behind a computer, eat, go home, watch tv, sleep.. that equals about 1800 calories alone of burning. So add the 500.. you have burned with a 1 hour workout between 2300 - 2500 calories. That means if you want to lose 1 pound a week you need to eat NO MORE than 1300-1500 calories a day!! 1000 calories deficit per day for 7 days equals 1 pound of weight loss! 

So why most people don't lose weight, even though they think they are working hard at the gym 1 hour a day, is because they are eating TOO MANY CALORIES !

So heres a breakdown

Daily  activities= 2000 calories
1 hr. exercise = 500 calories
eating = 1500 calories
Total deficit= 1000 x 7 days = 1 pound of weight loss

I work out now 3 hours a day, 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours at night from 9-11pm
Burning 1500 calories

I consume about 2000 calories a day in food
I burn in total according to my bodybugg on average 3000 calories a day. 
there is the 1000 calories deficit. 

today's weight.. finally down... 231

** Also tip for the day.. buy a food scale!! as you can see from the picture above, you only can really measure how many calories you consume but first really weighing the food! like morning cereal... you'd be so surprised to know that you actually are probably eating way to big a portion according to the ' nutritional facts' that are on the box, that for example tell you that 34 grams equals 110 calories... like on the box of Guardian high fibre cereal that I eat in the morning.. also check out www.calorieking.com for the best extensive list of how many calories are in the food you may want to consume. 



 


No comments: