Monday, September 20, 2004

The Horn is the Soul of the Orchestra !



Richard Strauss

Wow... last Saturday I had simply a wonderful time playing with the Oshawa Symphony. http://www.odso.ca/

We performed a fabulous program of: Strauss's - Also Zarathustra, Ravel’s Daphnis and Chloe and Carmen's Flute Fantasy, by Bizet, with the Principal 1st Flutist from the Munich Philharmonic.

I had a simply great time playing the Strauss, this is REALLY what I am meant to do ! Play 1st horn in a symphony orchestra.. and all the time! I really love playing large challenging works. I love playing solos, I love the music, I just love to be on the stage and in the spot light, and feel the audience listening and enjoying every phrase I play to them.

I wish I could do this all the time !

Oh well it’s a great start… and who knows… as a good friend and mentor said to me when I arrived back in Toronto, “ Wendy it takes 5 years to re-establish your self here, what comes around goes around, good horn players will always be found and get to work ! “

No comments: