Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Clothes...

Yesterday I went to the local Wal-Mart and found out they sell + size clothes as well. I didn’t’ know this?? Well of course I didn’t, (a.) I usually don’t shop at Wal-Mart and (b.) + sizes usually meant only going up to 24 or 26 and I used to be a whopping size 38 ! So for years I shopped at Mr. Big & Tall because all the other large size women’s clothing stores only went up to size 28 max. (((SIGH))).. but now I can go to Wal-Mart . I bought some size 22 jeans, didn’t try them on, I just thought , wow these are cheap, only $ 24.95, and I will surely fit into them say by January or something. So when I got home last night, I just thought, lets try them on for fun to see how tight they are… and oh my god.. they fit.. and they were not tight either! ( I do have to have them shortened though.. dam these designers that always produce pants for mega tall women!! )

I’ve found that now I am starting to have to buy clothes at cheaper stores like Wal-Mart because, this is getting expensive. Last night I had a performance with Toronto Sinfonietta, and I was wearing my size 26 black pants, that now look like clown pants because they are way to big now! So now I have to either have them taken in, or buy new black pants… I just bought the pants like 2 months ago!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) isn't that the greatest of feelings?

Wendy Limbertie said...

you betcha!! Thanks for commenting!! Now the next really necessary purchase is a new bra.. Or as I call it, the “over the shoulder boulder holder!"

Eliane said...

How pants are made for mega tall women?! My pants are *always* well above my ankles. Which is quite handy with the slush and all in winter, but still... And about cheap, maybe you should try Value Village. I often find clothes as good as new there, probably from women who are losing or putting on weight.

Eliane said...

And about the bra (believe it or not, I wear a mega size cup F or G or something) secrets from my sister on Bloor, across the street from Honest Ed's. Extremely nice women, they pamper you. In a nice way, that even I tolerate.

Wendy Limbertie said...

Thanks Eliane.. I'll check out the bra store..