Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Dieting and Technological Gadgets

Today I am using for the first time my newest gadget to help me in my diet process. It’s call the “ bodybugg” . I learned about it on the Biggest Loser TV show. All the participants are using this device to help them keep on track. You wear it all day on your upper arm, and at the end of the day hot sync it with your computer through connect the device to your computer through a hard wire usb cable. The bodybugg then sends the data to the pre-loaded software program, and shows you how many calories you have burned during your daily activities. It also shows a chart of you peaks and lows of when you burn the most calories. Of course in my case, it’s when I was at the gym last night.

You then enter your daily food intake, breakfast, snacks, lunch etc…. this then shows another breakdown graph of how many calories you have taken in. Then it calculates how much you need to work out at the gym in order to lose 1 pound.



Basically when you initially set it up, it does a whole sort of body weight breakdown, with your present weight and goals.

So after wearing the whole day, at night you take it off, and sync it with your computer, add in your food intake, and then you can see when you are eating to many calories, or have as they call it calorie deficit of calorie surplus.

I am really excited with this new helpful gadget - The bodybugg, and hopefully will help me with learning to eat MORE! Yes, I actually don’t eat enough on this diet. Food is the gas of the car's engine! If you want to lose weight you need to make sure you eat enough. And with this calories burning device, I can now finally see, and understand that I need to eat more!! But of course eating more of the right foods!! ( the picture above is a ' screen shot' from my computer of my actual stats from yesterday)

No comments: