Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My underarms are starting to look like Bat Wings!

October 14, 2008 - 259 - 3 pounds week 36 ( 106 total lb loss)

So yesterday, Tuesday October 14th, was my weigh-in day. I have lost another 3 pounds. I now weigh 259 pounds!! Yah… the 250’s. I haven’t been there in over 7 years! I can still remember back when I was in my 350’s saying late a night… ‘ if only I could lose 100 pounds, I would feel much better about myself’… well now that I have lost 106 pounds, yes I do feel better about myself.. but I’m still long away to where and what my ideal looking Wendy would and should be! I want more !!

I am a big fan of the “BIGGEST LOSER” show on NBC Tuesday’s night at 8pm; hence the Tuesday night weigh-ins for me. I really find this show to be a huge inspiration for me, and a great motivator as well. I’m competing with these people. And as my sister Melinda, has mentioned on many occasions to me, I’m a very competitive person! Well of course.. how many dam horn auditions have I done in the last 25 years.

The competitive nature is now well built in to my soul. I really like the BL show not only because of the great tips you can learn about eating habits, and exercise tips, but also hear the stories from the BL competitors about why it is that they had/have a eating disorder. That’s of course is the main thing to realize for myself, that I had/have a huge eating disorder. Like a drinking problem, binge eating was mine!

My Dad had a lot to do with my sadness, and reason for looking for comfort in food. Many times he was disgusted with me. My father has even told me to my face, that he didn’t want to be seen in public with me. That is a very hurtful ! no wonder I had a stack of Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups stashed under my bed when I was in my teens!

My underarms are starting to look scary and wrinkly... they look like hanging bat wings… I hope this will change.. !

**Tip for the Day... When your eating your dinner, try to slow down. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal that you are full. What I do, is try to read out loud. I'm reading and researching in a lot of Diet books lately, and when I'm chopping down my Rabbit food, I read the book out aloud. Hard to do with a full mouth of food, so I chew, read a sentence then take the next bite. This helps to slow me down. As I live alone, and not able to have a nice conversation with any one while eating; to which BTW is the best way to slow down your eating.. eat with someone! and have a huge conversation..

No comments: