Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Getting into the Christmas Mood...

This past weekend I have been very busy getting into the Christmas mood! Well … lets rephrase that… because of all the Christmas music I performed, I was transformed on a Sleigh to the North Pole !

I performed with the Kitchener Waterloo Symphony, and was a part of their Yuletide Pops Program. Here’s the program I performed:

Veni, Veni Emmanuel
Here Comes Santa Clause
JOHN WILLIAMS: Home Alone
Pearsall, in Dulce Jubilo
Sleigh Ride
ROBERT SHAW: Many Moods of Christmas Suite No. 3
Sing-alongs: O Come all Ye Faithfull, Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Nutcracker Excerpts
Twas the Night before Christmas
A musicological Journey Through the Twelve Days of Christmas
Cantique de Noel
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas

As you can read… really all the top ten Christmas hits!!

Crazy when you think of it...We perform, sing, listen to this same Christmas music every year, and enjoy it every year too !... funny how we really don’t get sick of it! At least I don’t.. I love it!! I’m always sad when it’s January 2nd, all the festivities are over and I have to take down my tree… then get ready for 3 cold, dark months of Canadian Winter hell!!

Back to nice thoughts…

On Sunday I was invited to a best friends house for an afternoon of more carol singing… I brought my horn to play, but also found some bells to play during the singing of Jingle Bells!

Now Toronto has been blanketed with 50 cm ( 20 inches ) of snow…

I’m dreaming of a White Christmas will not be hard at all!!




**Click on this YouYube video below, to listen to my favorite peice that I performed ( this exact same orchestral arrangement ) this last weekend with the KWS with a childrens choir: "Somewhere In My Memory" by John Williams from the film Home Alone.. lots of great soaring magical HORN solos.. great fun to play!! it gives my goosebumps everytime I listen to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear wendy,thanks for this lovely christmas present, listening to you playing your horn while watching your pictures of a prettty and healthy wendy, it really made me cry!!!!!!!!!!!
love you, merry christmas and enjoy a little food, you deserve it. Liesbeth